I'm New Here
"Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God." 1 John 4:7a
Welcome to Grace Point! We’re glad you’re interested in finding out more information about our church family. This web app will answer a lot of your questions. We want to make sure your visit to Grace Point is easy, enjoyable, and meaningful. Click the "Plan Your Visit" button for helpful information in planning your first visit to Grace Point. Click the "Connection Card" and tell us about you!
When are the service times?
Sundays at 10:00am at the Lowe's YMCA in Mooresville, NC (170 Joe Knox Avenue).
What's the music like?
Modern Contemporary. Worship services are vibrant, Spirit-filled, and engaging. As a church plant, our Worship Ministry is still in the foundational and developmental stage. We have a variety of friends from other local churches who have committed to come lead worship for us on occasion. Some of them commit to one or two Sundays at a time, while others commit to a month or two at a time. We are still praying that God will lead us to someone with the skill set as well as the calling to lead and develop the Worship Ministry of Grace Point Church.
What's the preaching like?
How should I dress?
Comfortable. Most people dress casually, but wear whatever makes you feel more comfortable. Dress up or dress down. We're just glad you're here!
Where do I go when I arrive?
Side Entrance by the Parking Lot. You can enter through the side entrance of the Lowe's YMCA. Look for the Grace Point directional yard signs and the Grace Point teardrop banners. Our team would love to help guide you to the right place.
How long is the worship service?
Our Sunday morning worship services last about 60 to 75 minutes. During that time, you will experience engaging worship music coupled with biblical teaching designed to move you toward a lifelong walk of application and response.
How do I get connected and build relationships?
Can I attend Grace Point if I'm ____________?
Yes! No matter what your "blank" may be (divorced, single parent, recovering addict, LGBTQ+, atheist, skeptic, etc.), you are welcome at Grace Point. We want to provide everyone with an opportunity to hear and understand the Gospel message.
What are the core beliefs of Grace Point?
Grace Point Church affirms the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message.
- The Scriptures: We believe the Bible is God’s word to all people. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source for truth, for Christian beliefs, and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error.
- God: We believe God is the creator and ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all humanity by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven’s glory and will return again to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The Holy Spirit is present in the world to make mankind aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under His control daily.
- Humanity: We believe humanity is made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. He is the supreme object of God’s creation. Although man has tremendous potential for good, he is marred by disobedience toward God called “sin,” which separates us from God.
- Salvation: We believe salvation is a gift from God to humanity. Mankind can never make up for their sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can a person be saved from sin’s penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into their life by faith.
- Eternity: We believe people were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence.
- Baptism: We believe baptism is by immersion and it symbolizes the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. It is a public declaration that a person has accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior. Baptism does not save you; but shows the world that you have already been saved. While baptism is not required for salvation, it is a biblical command and demonstrates your love and obedience to Christ.
- Lord’s Supper: We believe communion is an ordinance given to all believers by Jesus Christ to remember His sacrifice for us and to symbolize the new covenant. The elements of bread and juice are symbols of Christ’s broken body and shed blood. Communion is not a means of salvation, rather it is a testament of a believer’s faith in the atoning work of the cross.
What is available for my children?
As a new church plant, we are still developing the leadership of our Kids Point and Student Point Ministries. Perhaps God is calling you to serve on the leadership team to develop these ministries! We are currently focused on preschoolers during the worship services.
What denomination is Grace Point?
Grace Point Church is an autonomous church that networks with the Great Commission Baptists in supporting over 6000 missionaries around the world.